• The first author/presenting author of accepted abstracts MUST be an SABI Member. Membership Fees for In-Training Members are waived. In-Training Members are residents & fellows in a recognized training program. Join SABI!
• Abstracts must be submitted online through the abstract submission program. No fax copies, disk, or e-mail submissions will be accepted.
• Scientific abstracts are to be constructed according to the guidelines set in the abstract submission system. Abstracts will be selected for presentation on the basis of scientific merit. Include additional information describing the importance of the presented work and relationship to previously presented or published material. Scientific abstracts can be accepted for oral presentation, power poster presentation (i.e., a 2-minute oral synopsis) or traditional hardcopy poster presentation.
• Presenting authors must be within 10 years of fellowship
• Abstracts must be received by May 11, 2021 at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time. The system will close after that time and no further edits will be possible.
• To have a broader representation of institutions at the Scientific Session, we have limited the maximum number of abstracts that may be presented by a single institution at the scientific session. However, there is no restriction on the number of abstracts that may be submitted.
• Changes to selected abstracts, including abstract titles, abstract text, as well as additions or deletions of author names, will not be permitted after the author's confirmation of invitation.
• Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the first author to present their work if the abstract is accepted.
• Presenters are responsible for their travel, hotel, and miscellaneous expenses. All presenters must be registered to attend the meeting. In-Training members selected as power/hardcopy posters or oral presenters will receive 50% off the In-Training meeting registration fee. Active Members selected as power/hardcopy posters or oral presenters will receive 20% off the active member meeting registration fee.
• All invited abstract presenters must register to attend the meeting by June 21, 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
• Due to the limited amount of time slots available at the Scientific Session, those who are not selected for oral presentation may be invited to present their work as a poster or as an oral power poster (see below). Authors will be asked to indicate their preference when completing the abstract submission form - Oral only, Oral or Poster, or Poster only.
• The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
• All submissions must be HIPAA-compliant. Patient confidentiality must be protected. No names, hospital ID numbers or any other identifying information can appear in the presentation.
Scientific Oral Presentations
Authors of the selected abstracts will present in a live session format. A powerpoint presentation in support of the oral presentation is required and must be uploaded to staff by a deadline date given after presentation acceptance.
Among abstracts selected for the main scientific session following awards can be presented: Hounsfield award for best CT presentation, Lauterbur award for best MRI presentation, Resoundant Innovation Award for most innovative oral presentation, Young Investigator Award for best oral presentation by a medical student, resident, or fellow and Moncada Award for best oral presentation for a contrast media-related topic.
2021 Update: Abstracts submitted by the Junior faculty within 10 years of training completion will now be considered for presentation at the scientific session and will be considered for awards (as compared to the previous limit of 7 years).
Submit Your Abstract
A select number of educational posters will be chosen for 3 pearls oral presentations. Presenters will be assigned a time in a moderated room setting for a two-and half minute presentation of their work. Three pearls or key-points of the poster will be presented with supporting short Powerpoint. Following their oral presentation, Pearl presenters will be expected to give a poster presentations to answer potential questions about their work from the meeting attendees.
Submit Your Abstract
Educational and Scientific Exhibits (Posters)
Some education and scientific abstracts will be accepted for poster presentation. All posters will be available for review by all meeting attendees. Presenters will have an opportunity to briefly present and answer questions by meeting attendees. Posters will be evaluated by the research committee and SABI fellows and considered for best poster awards.
Hounsfield Award – Best CT oral presentation in the main scientific session.
Lauterbur Award – Best MR oral presentation in the main scientific session.
Resoundant Innovation Award – Most innovative oral presentation not receiving the Hounsfield or Lauterbur in the main scientific session; must relate to technology or contrast.
Young Investigator Award – Best oral presentation by a medical student, resident, or fellow, not receiving the Hounsfield or Lauterbur in the main scientific session.
Moncada Award – Best oral presentation for a contrast media-related topic, not receiving the Hounsfield or Lauterbur in the main scientific session.
Magna Cum Laude Poster Award – Top three educational posters, presented at Three pearls session.
Cum Laude Poster Award – Top three educational or scientific posters.
More science! Award – for best oral presentation at Sunday scientific session
Even more science! Award – for best oral presentation at Tuesday scientific session
1. When first entering the Abstract Site, click on " Don't have an Account?" to build your profile
2. The abstract site, is not part of SABI.org. Do not use the login option on this website when trying to log on to the abstract site
3. The submitter does not have to be the presenting author. Though an abstract can not be complete without assigning and creating a presenting author profile.
Note: If your abstract is chosen, the presenting author and title of your case can not be changed once you confirm acceptance of your presentation
4. The contact information provided on the submission site for the presenting author will be the primary contact person.
5. In the Abstract submission site, 100 words will be available to describe the purpose, methods used, results and discussion of the abstract.